Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas Tree is coming to town

Buying a christmas tree is an ancient tradition from time to time, it gave us a kind of feeling that you never can describe how lovely it is, how we went thru all this tradition on this very precious moment.

The tree has a long association with Christianity, when it began in Germany about 1000 years ago was said to come across a group of pagans worshipping an oak tree. St Boniface is said to have cut down the oak tree and to his amazement a young fir tree sprung up from the roots of the oak tree. This has been taken as a sign of the Christian faith. But it was not until the 16th century that fir trees were brought indoors at Christmas time.

In my place the time to buy the christmas tree was just started a day after we celebrate Sinterklas. It's time for the Nordmann pine tree to show their beautifull wings on every houses. Though their pricess of a bit more than 5 ft tall are going to flow up every year and this year cost you € 50 where last year we can buy it for € 40. Still, I didn't see houses here perform without that cool tree!

We went around to have a check where to buy this because the old place tree market was relocate to some other far away place. Decided to buy in another place nearby but seems to be it's not a good idea. They don't have too much to choose and they were not beautifull.
So we went for a cycling and try to find the new location of that old pine tree seller, a 15 minutes to cycle and it was a nice weather though.
There you are 5 ft tree hoop ~ lah went to Wil's shoulder and cycling! I feel bit scarry to see this even for the so many times, it's kind of a performance in a circus. Looking to the other side of the road, another man were cycling with I think almost 6 ft tall nordmann too!
I don't take any picture for this, I was too busy with my own cycling and Ally on my side running.


On the way back I feel like to cycling a bit slowly and enjoying the weather. A glance at the other west side, I saw a beautifull scene that I don't feel to miss it.
Parking my bike in the small park, sitting a while with Ally (my tshih tsu) and admiring the beautifull view at the side of a small lake at the zijlsingel .
I feel like losing my words sitting on the still calm day, this is what I love about my city.


Went back at home, another half an hour it started drizling then getting harder and harder. In an hour time after, it was unbelievable dark and wet! Yeah, this is netherlands!!
But, I'm safe, home and enjoying my tea!

No comments: